Frankston City Dental offers a mobile dental service to Aged Care facilities in Melbourne assisting those who are too frail to travel and visit their dental health professional.
Our Dental Treatment Planning:
Considers factors such as:
- Patient medical history
- Behavioural issues
- Ability to cope with dental treatment
- Daily care issues
- Oral hygiene technique
- Saliva flow
What Happens Next?
A written quote for any required dental treatment is provided.
The Person Responsible and the Power of Attorney need to sign the treatment plan before any further treatment is completed.
* In certain circumstances, it may not be possible to fully determine the treatment requirements until after treatment has commenced. This may be due to:
- An uncooperative patient
- Poor oral hygiene
Occasionally, the patient may require medication or blood tests to be arranged prior to dental treatment.
Initial Consultation Includes:
- Examination of the patient
- Discussions with patient, carers, family, medical staff, the Person Responsible, and the Power of Attorney.
- Completion of patient related administration
- Travel to see the patient
Third Party Providers:
Eligible patients may be covered for dental treatment by:
- DVA Gold Card
- TAC (for dental problems recognised by TAC as related to a motor vehicle accident)
- Dental Private Health Insurance
Before Our First Visit:
Please complete the provided Special Needs Registration form.The following additional items will greatly assist us in providing you with the best dental care:
- A medical summary from your GP
- A photocopy of the current drug chart
- Current oral and dental care planThe Person Responsible (gives medical consent for the patient)
For patients who no longer handle their own affairs, we also require the details of:
- The Person Responsible (gives medical consent for the patient)
- The Power of Attorney (handles the patient’s finances)
- Next of Kin
* We cannot see the patient without the permission of the above people.
On the day of the Dental Appointment
We would greatly appreciate:
- Free parking close by, for ease of loading & unloading our equipment
- Staff assistance to locate and position the patient comfortably.
- A clean room with access to: a table or bench, a power point, water and privacy
The patient needs: to have either a chair with head support or a height adjustable bed.
*A normal wheelchair is not suitable